Reasons to choose our Geological Mapping Services
- More than 45 years experience in geological mapping in Queensland and Papua New Guinea
- Knowledge of the best methods to integrate all relevant digital spatial (geophysics, remote sensing, geological mapping) and aspatial geoscientific data.
- Delivering expert geological mapping consulting services including staff training and infrastructure advice to improve your geological mapping and exploration targeting
- We have a very wide range of experience in the field of geology as shown on our LinkedIn profile.
Overview of the value Geological Mapping
Geological mapping is a fundamental primary tool of the field geologist. The relationships between different rock units is fundamental to an understanding of a region at all scales. Knowledge of the age and stratigraphic relationships of different rock units and the timing and of the creation of mineral and energy resources forms the basis of all exploration. At a regional scale this work was carried out by Government geological surveys globally and local prospect scale by exploration companies in conjunction with a range of drilling, geophysical and other remote sensing surveys (including hyperspectral data over landscapes and drill core). Integration of all these data sets is critical in developing cost-effective targeted exploration. From our extensive experience in different geological terrains in Queensland, Papua New Guinea, China, Hon Kong and Mongolia our company can offer your property appraisals of field mapping, and appraisals of target generation.
QAQC reviews of ;
- Field mapping of minerals and energy resource areas including reinterpretation of airborne, ground-based and down-hole geophysics
- Exploration targeting services
- use of portable XRF for sampling
- Effectiveness of current drilling programs and modifications to the program
- Effective use of remote sensing techniques for regional targeting
- Effective use of geophysical techniques on your tenement
A list of more than 100 publications is included in article summarizing my career as a geologist. These show a range of expertise in coal, Geological Mapping, Basin Analysis,
Recent product- Surat Basin new stratigraphic framework methodology
For a recent example of data integration carried out by Cranfield Geological Services was an industry priority project in the eastern Surat Basin. Digital data is now available for viewing in MinesOnline Maps. The attached document provides instructions for how you can view the data in Mines Oline Maps from Queensland government,s DNRM website:
You can download a copy of the digital data from the site QSpatial: on the Queensland Government website. h
The data is available as a separate package called: “Coal Seam Gas Units 2017 – Northern Surat and Clarence Moreton Basins”. Alternatively you can download the Detailed Structure, Surface and Solid if you want the latest geology for the state. (The new interpretation is included in the state-wide coverages).
Links for each of these packages are provided below:
Surat only digital package: View the digital package here
Detailed Structure: The detailed structural interpretation from surface and subsurface data is given here
Detailed Surface geology: A detailed digital Surface geology interpretation is shown by linking to the data.
Detailed Solid geology: The interpretation of both the underlying subsurface extent and the surface outcrop of the Walloon Coal Measures and the Springbok Sandstone is depicted in the Solid Geology digital coverage.
Report and hard copy maps
Cranfield, L.C., 2017: Mapping of Surat Basin coal seam reservoir units. Queensland Minerals and Energy Review. Department of Natural Resources and Mines.Click here for report and hard copy map details